Delightful Blueberries Squares
2. c of crushed vanilla wafers
2 tbs of butter melted
3/2 c. of sugar
1/4 c. of cornstarch
1/4 c. of water
3 c. of fresh blueberries, divided
3 tbsp of lemon juice
1 tsp of grated lemon peel
1 c. heavy whipping cream
2 tbs. confectioners’ sugar
2 c. miniature marshmallows
- Combine wafers and butter, press into a greased 8-inch baking pan. Bake at 350 deg until browned. Cool.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Whisk water gradually with a whisker until smooth. Add 1.5 cups of blueberries, bring to boil, cook and stir for 1-1.5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the lemon juice, lemon peels and remaining blueberries. Cool completely.
- Using a small cooking bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken, and add confectioners’ sugar. Beat until small peaks form and add in marshmallows.
- Spread over crust, top with blueberries topping.
- Cover and refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes.